Right now we are all facing a lot of stress. It is hard enough to balance self-care in regular, daily life, but now with a pandemic happening as well, a lot of us are feeling completely overwhelmed and could use some help with managing our physical, spiritual, and emotional health.
So I created a list of 28 simple ways you can practice self-care. This is meant simply as a guide – some helpful suggestions you can turn to when you are feeling at a loss about what you can do.
Remember to take it day by day. Be kind to yourself. Pick just one thing from the list. Don’t pressure yourself do anything that doesn’t feel good. It is important to trust your intuition and follow your heart – at your core, you know what is best for you. ❤️
Jamie’s List of Self-Care Suggestions:
1. Make a list of what makes you valuable. You have great qualities – go ahead and write them out!
2. Create positive affirmations about yourself. Post them everywhere and say them out loud every day.
3. Celebrate your successes! All progress, no matter how big or small, is worthy of celebration.
4. Create a gratitude list. Write down everything that you have to be thankful for right now.
5. Change your mental diet. Read uplifting books, listen to uplifting music or podcasts.
6. Focus on what you want to create. Put energy into the positive, ditch the negative.
7. Change your physical diet. Nourish your body with whole foods, ditch the processed crap.
8. Create a list of accomplishments and review it regularly. Be proud of what you have done!
9. Build a friend group of people that love you and that you can love back. You are the company you keep!
10. Stop comparing yourself to others. All that matters is YOU.
11. Learn something new. It could be a language, art, anything! Stimulate your mind.
12. Be true to who you are. Go with your gut, listen to your intuition, and forget everything else.
13. Set daily intentions. Choose something positive to focus on every day.
14. Meditate. Clear your mind of the chatter.
15. Exercise. It doesn’t matter what it is – just get moving!
16. Just breathe. Let go of the stress with each exhale.
17. Take a break from the news. Give yourself a break from all of the negativity in the world.
18. Create a peaceful, happy environment for yourself. Open windows, light nice candles, play some music.
19. Laugh. Do this every day. Life is too short to be so serious all of the time.
20. Challenge yourself. Try something outside of your comfort zone – fear is an opportunity to grow.
21. Do something nice for yourself. A message, a mani/pedi – enjoy! You deserve it!
22. Do something nice for someone else. Everyone feels good!
23. Clean out the clutter. Tackle that junk draw or closet – cleanse your space!
24. Remember that you are a sacred, perfect expression of Life. Don’t ever forget that.
25. Enjoy the silence. Find a place inside or outside where you can just be. Enjoy the quiet and solitude
26. Say “I love you” with a smile to yourself in the mirror. Very powerful practice!
27. Cut out toxic people and relationships. It is not worth the energy.
28. Create a wellness routine that makes you excited! Self-care is the ultimate expression of self-love.
As always, I love hearing from you. If you feel like you could use some help with learning how to love yourself, don’t be afraid to reach out! Connect with me HERE and let’s chat about how I can help!
And finally, if you have any favorite practices that you want to share, or want to explore this further in a community of like-minded women, come join us over in the Be Your Best Self Facebook Group – we would love to hear from you!
Peace and love,