So I just LOVE talking about vision boards.
I think they are such a cool way to create year-long inspiration for your goals. They induce creativity, forward-thinking, and positive energy. They set the tone for how you want to live your life.
There is so much information out there already about how to create vision boards on your own. They are numerous blogs and websites that provide you the step-by-step instructions that you would need to create an awesome vision board. I love that there is so much information available because I believe vision boarding is a very powerful process that can provide the momentum we need to move create the life that we want.
How to create a Vision Board:
- Gather magazines, craft materials, scrapbook materials, photographs, and any other visual materials that could potentially inspire you.
- Grab a whiteboard, poster board, or cork board as well as pins, glue, and tape. This is where you will arrange all of your inspiration.
- Cut out images, quotes, colors, words, and anything else that you love when you see it. Set them all aside in a pile.
- Once you have a pretty big pile, start placing them on the board. Allow your creativity to take over and remember that it may take a few times arranging things before you find the perfect flow.
- When you have decided on the order of your inspiration, go ahead and glue or pin the images down.
- Take time after you have completed the vision board to reflect on why you chose the images that you did. I recommend if you are doing it solo to journal about the process and your vision for the new year.
- Hang the vision board somewhere that you will see it every day!
So while I do think solo vision-boarding is a wonderful process, I advocate for creating your vision board with a group.
There has been quite a bit of research published on the power of group. Not only does group provide social interaction and support, but it also provides the sense of community for which many of us are longing. When working on a shared purpose, it also provides the connection and encouragement that can help us achieve our goals.
So I believe that combining Vision Boarding with a Group can lead to great results!
And for the introverts out there – I hear you. Keep in mind that this does not need to be a large party. It can be just 1 or 2 close friends that you trust and with whom you would be willing to share your dreams and goals.
So now that we have reviewed the process for creating your vision board, let’s talk about how to host an epic vision board party.
My tips for hosting an epic vision board party:
- Find a cool place for everyone to gather. The vibe of the space matters! I chose my house – we love our space and have an extendable dining room table that we used as a working space.
- Put together a yummy spread. Again, we kept it simple – mainly finger foods so that guests could snack while working.
- Set up inspiration. We had previous vision boards on display in front of a massive stack of magazines so that guests could have something to give them a quick dose of inspiration if they needed.
- Have Magazines! Not only did I stash magazines in the garage for an entire year, I invited guests to bring any craft materials and/or magazines they had. We ended up having quite a few options, which makes it much more fun.
- Set the Vibe. This is where Spotfiy, Pandora, or Youtube can be your best friend. Pick playlists that speak to you and inspire creativity. We spent a lot of time chatting while working, but then there were also times of silence, where we were just listening to music and being creative.
- Share your vision. This is the most important part of the vision board process – by sharing with the group, not only are you are announcing to the universe your intentions, thoughts, and purpose for the new year, but you also have the chance to get support from your friends. Ask each other questions about certain images and colors, why you have chosen specific quotes, and the meaning behind the board.
And that’s it! Once everyone has shared their vision boards, its time to celebrate! The only thing left to do once the party is complete is decide where you will hang your vision board in your house so that you are inspired every day of the new year.
I hope you have an epic time setting your vision for the new year!